Saturday, August 13, 2011

Monster cookies

I love baking and I haven't in a long time so I decided it was time to make some monster cookies.  The recipe I used was from Paula Deen (so you know they are gonna be good).  I love monster cookies cause they have a little bit of everything.  My two favorite cookies are oatmeal and peanut butter, so the fact that these cookies have both just make them amazing.

The Ingredients:
3Eggs
1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 12-ounce jar creamy peanut butter
  • 1 stick butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup multi-colored chocolate candies (M&Ms)
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used white chocolate chips)
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 4 1/2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal

  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease the cookie sheets

In a very large mixing bowl combine the eggs and sugars. 
Mix well

Add the salt, vanilla, peanut butter, and butter. 
Mix Well
I recommend using an electric beater (just to make sure the butter is mixed in well)

Stir in the M&Ms, chocolate chips (again, I used white chocolate chips because you're already getting chocolate from the M&Ms and I like white chocolate), baking soda, and oatmeal

Mix well

Use two tablespoons to make each cookie.
Place them approx. 2 inches apart

Bake for 8-10 minutes (do not over bake)
Let stand for 3 min before transferring to cool.

This recipe yields ~3 dozen delicious cookies

Knowing my roommates, these'll probably all be gone in a couple days. Especially since one of them claimed all the cookies before they were even finished.

1 comment: