Wednesday, August 10, 2011

carpe diem

For those of you that don't know what carpe diem means, it's Latin for seize the day. I never heard of it until high school when I started running.  My cross and track coach (probably the best coach I've ever had), would always say it, and ever since then I try to live by it.  When ever we would race or have a hard work out all he'd really say to us was "carpe deim".  In other words, run the best you can and seize every moment of it. It really made you want to do that when you were running the race.  It's stuck with me ever since.

It's been something I try to do and live by.  It doesn't necessarily mean that you have to do all kinds of stuff everyday.  To me it's more about living life to it's fullest and enjoying every minute of it, no matter what it is. More recently I've been a lot better about saying yes to doing more and trying new things.  And I'm extremely happy I have.  It makes me even more happy about the life I have.

This kinda goes along with one of my previous posts, take a chance, in that I feel in order to carpe diem, you have to take a chance.  I mean, how can you really make the most of your day without actually taking a chance?


As a little side note:
I finally got a pair of TOMS shoes this summer and have really wanted another pair.  First because the idea behind it is so cool and because they are very comfortable.  When I saw they had limited edition carpe diem shoes, I fell in love with them instantly.
I'm really excited to get them and read the book
TOMS carpe deim classics


No comments:

Post a Comment