Monday, August 29, 2011

Music Monday: Cosmo Speedway (and Wilderness Survival)

I just discovered these guys this last week while listening to Pandora (High Places radio).  So when I went to their Facebook page the other day I was surprised to find that they only had 215 'likes'.  I guess I just thought that since they were on Pandora they'd be a little more known, but I guess not.

When I was looking more into them, I found out that there's two bands with two guys.  So these two childhood friends had many failed attempts at bands, and decided to collaborate.  However, while they were working on their first album, the decided they wanted to produce their own music, with the help of the other.  So there are actually two bands: Shane Reed leads Cosmo Speedway and Nick Grosvener leads Wilderness Survival.  Together they've created eight albums.  They're kinda electro-retro sounding and pretty chill.

'Lights On' by Cosmo Speedway:

Shane spent six months sleeping on a couch because this was set up in his room.  He actually started a fire when a light fell over over on the dry brush.  The whole thing was made using stop motion (which I think is one of the coolest effects) using 3,600 images. 

'I'm the One' by Wilderness Survival:



No comments:

Post a Comment