Wednesday, August 3, 2011

What could have been

Within the past few years, I feel I've changed a lot (mostly since graduating high school).  This is something I find myself always thinking about.  Mostly because I feel I've changed a lot.  Also because I am constantly wondering what thing's could have been like if I traveled down a different path.

There are always so many different choices to make each day, some are bigger than others.  Like what you decide to eat that day or what you wear isn't that big of a decision and probably isn't really gonna affect you later in life.  Every once in awhile you come across something that requires time to think about and what could happen depending on what decision you make.

This past year alone, I feel I've changed the most and made a lot of big decisions (some that were very difficult to make).  More recently, and more frequently I've been wondering how things would be if I had mad a different decision back in January.  For me this was a really big decision and sometimes I wish I would have kept things the way they were.  Another part of me is glad with my decision because the last half a year would not have been how it was at all.  And there are definitely somethings I've enjoyed very much in the last half a year that I wouldn't change a thing about.

A friend of mine recently told me this: "Don't hate anything. Just accept it. Things are fine the way they are since they have ended up that way, thus they should be that way."  I found this very true, it's just saying you have to be happy with the way things are because it's the way they are supposed to be.  Almost as if the choice you made was the right choice.

Are there any decisions in you're life that you still wonder what would have happened if you chose something other than what you chose? Do you wish you could go back and make the other choice or are you happy with the one you chose?

No comments:

Post a Comment